Kenneth Chadwell is the Managing Partner of the Firm. Mr. Chadwell focuses primarily on a broad range of real estate transactions including finance, acquisitions, and dispositions across numerous asset types including residential developments, multi-family, industrial and retail assets. In addition, Mr. Chadwell has significant experience in transactions involving timber and natural resources and serves as regional counsel to timber, land management and natural resource companies throughout the southeast.
His clients include private equity groups, individual investors, developers, family offices, property owners associations, and other real estate companies.
Mr. Chadwell also represents banks and financial institutions with regard to compliance, lending, underwriting and other issues. Additionally, he has represented municipalities and utilities and has experience with utility acquisitions and mergers.
Mr. Chadwell currently serves as a Director for Highland Federal Savings and Loan Association. He serves as municipal attorney and counsel for local municipalities and utilities. Mr. Chadwell is a member of the American Bar Association, and Tennessee Bar Association and of the real estate sections of each.
- Advised family office in finance of Publix-anchored shopping center with life company;
- Advised bank in refinance of portfolio of industrial assets;
- Represented clients in due diligence and acquisition of partially completed residential subdivisions;
- In 2015, advised and represented clients in acquisitions of more than 22,000 acres of timberland;
- Represented partnerships and closely held companies in the placement of conservation easements for multiple tracts in the aggregate amount of approximately 12,357 acres;
- Advised aggregate producers in the restructuring of asset holding companies.
- Freed-Hardeman University, B.A, 1988; Harding School of Theology, M. Div., 1991; University of Tennessee, J.D., 1997